RTYC has owned the beach clubhouse (a listed building) at Grassy Beach for more than 100 years; it was built around 1887 and is still in use today, on an almost daily basis.
The following is an extract from the listing at Historic Environment Scotland:
'The Beach Club House at West Ferry is a rare and largely unaltered example of a small purpose-built 19th century yacht club house in Scotland. The raised verandah, canted window, ornamental bargeboards and finials and firth-side setting all add to its character and interest as an example of its building type.'
Over the years we have upgraded the internals which now include a commercial style galley used for catering at our watersports events. We also have a coffee/tea making facility for members.
Last updated 22:03 on 13 October 2023